Posted to users@isis.apache.org by James Smyth <Ja...@outlook.com> on 2019/11/03 16:15:48 UTC

Getting isis working with Intellij

Good morning. The company I work for is trying to get apache isis installed so that we can evaluate it for a couple of our projects.
We have tried installing on a Windows 10 PC and a Mac. We can clone projects or even create them using the SimpleApp Maven archetype. We can compile and run the samples from a terminal window on both system, however we cannot run from Intellij. When we create a configuration we cannot select the WebServer because it is not there. We have tried multiple times on multiple machines with no lock. Here is a screen shot of trying to add a configuration.
[cid:image003.png@01D59238.0AE2FE90]

And here is a look at the maven tab.
[cid:image004.png@01D59237.7755DCB0]

As I said multiple devs have tried to get any project working from inside Intellij. We have tried different versions, cloning other peoples projects from GitHub etc. Having used other Naked Objects type systems, I feel this would be quite helpful if we can understand how to get it going.

I noticed that between 1.14 and 1.15 something changed with the WebServer. Have other people run into these issues? Is there something we are doing wrong or need to check?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Jim Smyth

Re: Getting isis working with Intellij

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
What Vladimir said is true: ASF mailing lists strip off the images.

But I did see the screenshots when your mail came through for moderation
(you need to subscribe to prevent thus,) and so I can also tell you that
you need to select the module in the drop-down in order specify which
module's classpath to search along.

See also http://isis.apache.org/guides/dg/dg.html#__dg_ide_intellij_running

HTH,
Dan.