Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard <hl...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/27 20:00:08 UTC

[Tapestry Central] Return to Independent Consulting

I'd like to announce to the Tapestry community that I've returned to
independent consulting. As an independent consultant, I'll have more
opportunities to pursue training, mentoring, and project work that did
not fit with Formos' overall goals.
Formos continues to be committed to Tapestry, and to maintaining the
Tapestry360 web site. I'd like to thank Matt Tunnel, President of
Formos, for the opportunities he's provided: a "dream job" that let me
focus on completing Tapestry 5.0 and 5.1, with a scope of features far
beyond what I had originally envisioned when I started Tapestry 5 over
four years ago.
Now is a new chapter; I'm starting to search for my next dream job,
while actively seeking out new Tapestry training, mentoring and support
projects, as well as working with my existing clients. In addition, I'm
using my improved freedom to pursue other important technologies beyond
Tapestry, such as Clojure, Cappuccino, and CouchDB. I expect to be able
to offer the same kind of compelling training and project work in these
technologies as I currently provide for Tapestry.
I'm also taking this time to pursue one of the opportunities I could
not take on while at Formos: a Tapestry 5 book. I'm currently
contacting a number of different publishers to find the best home for a
new book specifically about Tapestry 5.
I'd also like to thank the Tapestry community for all the enthusiasm
and dedication that you've given to Tapestry. I'm looking forward to
helping you create even more insanely great applications!

--
Posted By Howard to Tapestry Central at 8/27/2009 10:56:00 AM