Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by Hanks Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/26 06:03:55 UTC

The Legacy Weex DSL 1.0 (.we) Front-End Framework Should be Removed

Weex DSL 1.0 (.we) front-end framework is inspired by Vue.js 1.0. Since
Weex supports the official Vue.js 2.0 in v0.10.0 [1] at 2017-02-17, the
".we" framework is deprecated. In order to optimize the performance,
stability, and package size, this legacy framework should be removed from
the WeexSDK.

I suggest removing the ".we" framework in the 2018 January release of
WeexSDK.

For the projects who are still using the ".we" framework, you can read the
"Migration From .we Framework" [2] and "The Syntax Difference Between .we
and .vue" [3] documents to help you migrate your ".we" project to Vue.js
2.0 project. But those documents only have Chinese version.

[1] https://github.com/alibaba/weex/releases/tag/v0.10.0
[2] http://weex-project.io/cn/references/migration/migration-from-weex.html
[3] http://weex-project.io/cn/references/migration/difference.html

Best Regards, Hanks

Re: The Legacy Weex DSL 1.0 (.we) Front-End Framework Should be Removed

Posted by Hanks Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
In order to remove the ".we" framework, I summarize the follow-up actions.

1. Remove the documents of ".we" framework except for the migration
documents.
2. Remove all ".we" examples from the main repo, use Vue.js examples
instead.
3. Abandon the support for ".we" framework in dev and debug tools.
4. Remove the source code of ".we" framework, as well as the related test
cases, build scripts and migration documents.

The first two steps can be performed immediately. 3 and 4 should be done in
2018 January.

Best Regards, Hanks

Posted by Hanks Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com>.