Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Naveen Michaud-Agrawal <na...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/17 22:33:37 UTC

[JS] Arrow output from JS library?

Hi,

Are there any plans to be able to create arrow objects from the JS library?

Naveen Michaud-Agrawal

Re: [JS] Arrow output from JS library?

Posted by Paul Taylor <pt...@apache.org>.
Quick update on the Arrow JS ipc buffer writer:

I had a chance to revisit this branch on my fork
<https://github.com/trxcllnt/arrow/commits/js-buffer-writer>  last night,
and managed to get a working prototype of the RecordBatchStreamWriter
correctly serializing the integration test data to ArrayBuffers.

Next steps are to get more tests in place, finish the
RecordBatchFileWriter, do the JSON writers, validate against Arrow
cpp/java, implement builders, fixes/optimizations, and get a PR ready.

Best,
Paul

Posted by Paul Taylor <pt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Naveen,

I have some work in a branch on my fork, and perhaps a bit more