Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/11/12 16:17:38 UTC

BugRat Report #375 has been filed.

Bug report #375 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/375>

REPORT #375 Details.

Project: Struts
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 1.0
   JVM Release: IBM 1.3
   Operating System: Linux
   OS Release: Mandrake 7.2
   Platform: Intel

Synopsis:
Struts 1.0 nightly build 20001013 exception testing example "Register with the MailrReader"

When accessing the  /struts-example/editRegistration.do
(Register with the MailReader link) action I get the
following error:

Internal Servlet Error:
va.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.struts.util.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:634)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processPopulate(ActionServlet.
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:122
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:417)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:4
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:745
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processCon
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)

Re: BugRat Report #375 has been filed.

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.
I was wrong in stating that "Browsers don't allways send a content
type header..." etc. The simple case is that we have a HTTP GET
request there: if there is no content, theres is no content type,
either. So, the referenced code at BeanUtils.populate:634 is simply
buggy, it must test if content type header was null.
                                                              incze

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.