Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Alfonso Urdaneta <al...@malibunetworks.com> on 2000/11/16 19:20:42 UTC

poeple using ant to build C

Hi,

I have used ant before to build java projects, and I think that it could
be useful in my current embedded *sigh* environment.

If there is anyone out there that is doing this, I would really like to
talk to you about how best to integrate ant and (g)make.

There are some inherent weaknesses in make that ant will fix, and
vice-versa, so I think that they will go well together, and any input
from someone that has done this before would be invaluable.

Alfonso.

--
---------------------------------o0o---------------------------------
Alfonso Urdaneta                           alfonso@malibunetworks.com

"Time flies like the wind, but fruit flies like bananas"

Is Ant able to simulate the full dependency relation as done in makefile?

Posted by Fajian Shi <fs...@saltare.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for the mailing lists that really solves my many questions. Here
comes a new one:

Suppose I want to generate a set of data files by running Java tasks several
times. Since Java only accepts one main class (am I right?), so I am forced
repeat java task multiple times in Ant. I want to know if it is possible to
do the job without repeating java tasks, by using dependence, as usually
done in makefile?

The following is how the makefile do it:
%Hashtable.dat: com/dmi/rmi/negotiation/%.class
	object='echo $< | sed "s/.*.....| tr "/" ".";
      $(JAVA) $(JAVA_OPTIONS) -classpath $(CLASSPATH) $$object;

DataTables:=\
 	File1Hashtable.dat\
      File2Hashtable.dat\
      File10Hashtable.dat

Test: $(DataTables)

I find it is hard for me to use the dependence of target in Ant to perform
the same job, any ideas?

++Fajian