Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com> on 2002/12/11 18:27:44 UTC

[SOURCE] Issue #TRQS94 - Database connections not being released

You can view the issue detail at the following URL:
<http://scarab.werken.com/scarab/issues/id/TRQS94>

Type :        Defect
Issue Id :    TRQS94
Reported by: Quinton McCombs
             quintonm - (qmccombs@nequalsone.com)

Details:

Description: I am having a problem with database connections not being released.  I turned on the logging of the connection pool status and it says that there are four pooled connections.  The database reports that there are 43 connections.

Here is my Torque.properties file:

torque.database.default=default torque.database.default.adapter=oracle
torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.logInterval=60
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@neo02.nequalsone.com:1521:DEV
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user=******
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password=******
torque.idbroker.cleverquantity=true
torque.manager.useCache = true

This is the log statement from the connection pool: 2002-12-11 10:28:07,055 [Thread-10] DEBUG org.apache.torque.pool.ConnectionPool -
org.apache.torque.pool.ConnectionPool@be76c7 (in + out = total): 4 + 0 = 4

Database: Oracle