Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anand M S <an...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/06 21:58:53 UTC

multi page validation and page attribute

I'm using multipage validation and using page attribute and I have page
attribute in my form, and I'm sending value from my form as hidden field,
but it doesn't work, am I missing any thing?

Anand

Re: multi page validation and page attribute

Posted by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net>.
Anand,

Are you using DynaValidatorForm ?

There was a bug reported earlier, setPage did not work.
Someone forwarded me the following subclass of DynaValidatorForm
to get around the problem. My memory is poor, suffering from "what's
his name?'s"
disease or would properly credit the source.

HTH,

-jeff

/**
  * DynaValidatorForm - Derived from struts library form because of
error in that class.
  */
public class DynaValidatorForm extends
org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm {

     public void set(String s, Object o) {
         Logger.getLogger("torch.webapp").debug("DynaValidatorForm.set("
+ s + "," + o + ")");
         if ("page".equals(s)) {
             if (o != null) {
                 String val = o.toString();
                 if (val != null && (val.length() > 0)) {
                     try {
                         super.setPage( Integer.parseInt(val) );
                     } catch (NumberFormatException e) {
                         // Oh well.