Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2011/07/10 06:33:07 UTC

RE: Blog Created - Statistics

I looked at the Apache blogs with most hits for the past day (being Saturday I think although it is Sunday on Blog time).

Only 6 of them had more than 10 vists or whatever the counter cunts.

1. Foundation (at 423) is essentially press releases on foundation matters.

4. infra (at 33) is notice oriented.  There is about one per month.  These are often useful things that Committers and others need to know about changes that are happening.

5. conferences (23) is press-office sort of stuff about Apache-related events

6. click (15) has lately been about releases and their content.

3. openejb (36) has a mix of events, releases, and tips, including links to material elsewhere.

2. ooo (75) that's us and *before* there was anything at the blog address too.  I see the stats just rolled up to 86 so I have no idea whether this is a sliding-window count or what.  There seems to be some pent-up interest or else the stats are just wacky.

I don't know what to make of this.  Interesting though.  The numbers are going up across the board for the top 5.   Europe is awake?

 - Dennis

Posted by Pavel Janík <Pa...@Janik.cz>.
> The 'site' is as stable as it will ever get on current hardware, resource
> and volunteers.

Hmm, OK. Maybe we do not need to run such intensive tasks like roller on it and just use some blog aggregation software which was determined as the best solution for our project in the past. We have had Planet OpenOffice.org...

> Unless this was your way of offering to help?

I already offered my life to OOo 9 or so years ago, I can't offer more, sorry.
--
Pavel Janík

RE: Blog Created - Statistics

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Gav...

Re: Blog Created - Statistics

Posted by Pavel Janík <Pa...@Janik.cz>.

Re: Blog Created - Statistics

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On 10 Jul 2011, at 05:33, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> I don't know what to make of this.  Interesting though.  The numbers are going up across the board for the top 5.   Europe is awake?

Apart from foundation, blogs.apache.org doesn't have a history of being much used.
Apache folks blog elsewhere, and planet apache aggregates.

OOo may be setting a new trend by the mere act of focusing on it in a dev list!

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html