Posted to builds@apache.org by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> on 2019/02/15 08:10:41 UTC

Re: Continuous deployment for Dubbo

Hi,

CCing builds@apache.org

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 11:16 AM jun liu <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve figure out the integration with Travis. With this PR[1] travis can automatically deploy SNAPSHOT artifacts to the apache maven repository.
>
> But there’s one potential security issue to be aware.
> To make sure the deployment process get the proper right, I have to give my Apache ID to Travis. It’s guaranteed by Travis that the raw username/password will be safely kept in Travis and the public will only see the encrypted codes[2]. Travis Ci uses asymmetric cryptography[3] to achieve that, which I personally think is pretty safe and trustable. Even though I think it’s still an issue worth discussing, especially considering there maybe have some ASF policies denying this action  (providing Apache ID to a trusted third party platform) but I do not aware of.

I am leaning towards do not expose a personal Apache credentials to
third parties unless we know it is safe to do so.
And I do think there is a recommended way in order to deploy snapshot
to maven repository upon successful build for each commit.
Just want to confirm with builds@apache.org, is this safe to do so?

I just checked [1] it clearly states it can
a) Automatically Build and Deploy Snapshots to Nexus staging area
b) Build and Deploy your website to a staging area for review

which is what I want, however I do not want to switch completely from
Travis CI to buildbot.
So my next question is, can we achieve a) and b) with buildbot while
keeping Travis for everything else?

[1] https://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html

--
Best Regards!

Huxing

Re: Re: Continuous deployment for Dubbo

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 8:33 PM <ke...@163.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> > - build & deploy dubbo-website for each commit
>
> As I know, travis-ci already support this

Yes, but travis-ci is a third-party tool, it does not have write
permission to dubbo-website, so it may not be able to used for Apache
project.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re:Re: Continuous deployment for Dubbo

Posted by ke...@163.com.
Hi

Posted by YunKun Huang <hy...@apache.org>.
Yeah, it can send email when build fail.

I try in jenkins[1] looks like it can easily deploy snapshot to apache snapshot repo.

This job will run every 6 hours and check current commit status (which means travis CI build status). I also open a new PR[2] to add a snapshot version check via maven plugin to make sure we only run `mvn deploy` for snapshot version.

[1]:https://builds.apache.org/job/Apache%20Dubbo/job/apache-dubbo-snapshot-deployment/
[2]:https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/4157

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Continuous deployment for Dubbo

Posted by YunKun Huang <hy...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
YunKun,

Posted by YunKun Huang <hy...@apache.org>.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi

Posted by YunKun Huang <hy...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Do we have any update for this one?

I guess now we are still upload snapshot version to apache snapshot repo by manual?

For me, jenkins is more easy to use, and I also find some snapshot deployment job in jenkins[1], maybe we can do same thing?

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/flink-snapshot-deployment-1.6/

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.