Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alec Bickerton <al...@minick.ch> on 2008/01/21 12:27:57 UTC

Tomcat 6.0.14 and Eclipse 3.3

I've been seeing some unusual behaviour when staring eclipse from the
server tab.

When I start tomcat the server tab never reports that tomcat as started.
It always appears as either stopped or starting...

The server is actually running an I'm able to use the installed webapps
and do debugging so this is not a blocker for me. It is however, a
little annoying.

Does anyone know a workaround for this. I've seen a few reports about
this on the Internet, but no useful suggestions.

On other thing, under MyEclipse 6; (same workspace and launch config)
this issue does not appear. The server starts up and shows started. in
the server tab.

Is it likely to be an eclipse problem, tomcat 5.5 did start correctly.

Server launch config...
Program arguments:
start

VM arguments:
-Dcatalina.home="C:\Develop\Tomcat6_14"
-Dcatalina.base="C:\Develop\Tomcat6_14"
-Djava.endorsed.dirs="C:\Develop\Tomcat6_14\common\endorsed"
-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:/Develop/Tomcat6_14/work
-Djava.library.path=C:/Develop/Java/JDK6/bin;C:/Develop/Tomcat6_14/bin
-Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Dcatalina.base=C:/Develop/Tomcat6_14
-Dcatalina.home=C:/Develop/Tomcat6_14
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:/Develop/Tomcat6_14/common/endorsed
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/tmp -Xmx512m -XX:+AggressiveOpts
-XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+Inline
-Dwtp.deploy="C:\Develop\eclipse\workspaces\ws_eclipse32"

RE: Tomcat 6.0.14 and Eclipse 3.3

Posted by Larry Isaacs <La...@sas.com>.
Alec,

I'm not aware of any specific causes for this behavior with Eclipse 3.3.x and WTP 2.0.x.  To begin searching for a cause, it would be helpful to know what happens if you unzip a new Tomcat install, create a runtime and server from that install in Eclipse, and try starting that server from the Servers tab.  Does it exhibit the same behavior?

Cheers,
Larry