Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "jack.jonson" <ja...@libero.it> on 2012/03/12 11:21:06 UTC

servicemix/felix-fileinstall errors when install dir contains ' ', '(', or ')'

Affects version: org.apache.felix.fileinstall-3.1.10

In class: org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.ConfigInstaller

Method:
    Configuration findExistingConfiguration(String fileName) throws
Exception
    {
        String filter = "(" + DirectoryWatcher.FILENAME + "=" + fileName +
")";
        Configuration[] configurations =
getConfigurationAdmin().listConfigurations(filter);

If path contains special chars (e.g. blanks or parentheses) "filter"
variable above is an invalid OSGi LDAP filter and servicemix cannot start
correctly.

Re: servicemix/felix-fileinstall errors when install dir contains ' ', '(', or ')'

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Jack,

It's more or less a known issue at Karaf. I'm working on it right now.

Regards
JB

On 03/12/2012 11:21 AM, jack.jonson wrote:

> Affects version: org.apache.felix.fileinstall-3.1.10
>
> In class: org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.ConfigInstaller
>
> Method:
>      Configuration findExistingConfiguration(String fileName) throws
> Exception
>      {
>          String filter = "(" + DirectoryWatcher.FILENAME + "=" + fileName +
> ")";
>          Configuration[] configurations =
> getConfigurationAdmin().listConfigurations(filter);
>
> If path contains special chars (e.g. blanks or parentheses) "filter"
> variable above is an invalid OSGi LDAP filter and servicemix cannot start
> correctly.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net