Posted to commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/04/20 20:11:22 UTC

[Xmlgraphics Wiki] Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForMay2012" by GlennAdams

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics Wiki" for change notification.

The "StatusReports/StatusReportForMay2012" page has been changed by GlennAdams:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/StatusReports/StatusReportForMay2012?action=diff&rev1=3&rev2=4

Comment:
minor enhancements and corrections; add bullet on JIRA transition

  == Moving to CMS based websites ==

- We have started the process of figuring out how we can move to markdown and use a CMS based publishing approach instead of the painful forrest based approach we are currently using. Clay has made excellent progress on prototying the new approach, but we have a lot of work still to do to get fully switched over to a CMS based website.
+ We have started the process of figuring out how we can move to markdown and use a CMS based publishing approach instead of the painful forrest based approach we are currently using. Clay Leeds has made excellent progress on prototyping the new approach, but we have a lot of work still to do to get fully switched over to a CMS based website.
+
+ == Transitioning from Bugzilla to JIRA ==
+
+ A vote is underway to transition all of XML Graphics' Bugzilla products to JIRA for bug and issue management. Glenn Adams has volunteered to oversee this process should the vote pass.

  == FOP ==

- One new very active committer: Glenn Adams. Since becoming a committer Glenn has processed a lot of patches that have been sitting around for a long time and cleaned up a lot of the bugs in preparation for doing a 1.1 release. There have been bug fixes and enhancements submitted by existing committers too, the most significant are; Arabic Support and Compressed Objects Streams for PDF. There have also been a few technical discussions on the developer lists and a many questions asked and answered on the user list.
+ One new very active committer: Glenn Adams. Since becoming a committer Glenn has processed a lot of patches that have been sitting around for a long time and cleaned up a lot of the bugs in preparation for doing a 1.1 release. There have been bug fixes and enhancements committed too, the most significant are: Complex Scripts Support, e.g., Arabic, Devanagari, Thai, etc., (Glenn Adams) and Compressed Objects Streams for PDF (Vincent Hennebert, Peter Hancock). There have also been a few technical discussions on the developer lists and many questions asked and answered on the user list.

  == Batik ==