Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Josema Alonso <jo...@simbiosystems.com> on 2003/03/14 12:55:06 UTC

integrating cocoon with websphere developer studio, is possible?

Hi, all.

My company is using Websphere Developer Studio 4.0.3 (WASD4.0.3) for project
development and WAS as the container.
Since I'm more and more inlvolved in projects, and I've been using Cocoon
for almost a couple years now, I finally had the chance to use it in a real
project for my company....yes! :-)

The thing is I should need to make it work within the WASD testing framework
and I'm not sure if importing the WAR would be enough since I have tried and
I couldn't make it work out of the box.
So before starting to investigate, I thought I could ask around here just in
case someone is already working this way. Any help would be very much
appreciated.

On a side note, I would also like to know if anybody could make Cocoon work
from another WAS application. I have an application running for a corporate
website and I have made a news system completely in Cocoon, and before
making everything in Cocoon, during a transition time, I would like to be
able to keep the java application running and dispatching to the Cocoon
servlet the requests to the news system. Anybody cross contexting or
something like that?

Thanks for reading.

ps: I'm talking about Cocoon 2.0.4 here, we would switch to 2.1 when
switching to WAS5.