Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu> on 2003/12/12 19:23:24 UTC

Default servlet mapping not working in Tomcat 5.0.16?

I'm using Tomcat 5.0.16 and I'm trying to make it so that if a user enters a
path like, http://myserver/myapp it runs a default servlet for that path.

According the the Servlet 2.4 spec, you can do this by mapping "/" to a
servlet. However, for me, it's just printing out a directory listing of the
/myapp directory when I try it (on a side note, how do you globally disable
directory browsing?).

I'm using a web.xml similar to the following.

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee web-app_2_4.xsd"
version="2.4">
<servlet>
<servlet-name>myservlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>mypackage.MyServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>myservlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
<url-pattern>/servlet/myservlet</url-pattern>
<url-pattern>/servlet/myservlet/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Also, I have something similar to the following in my server.xml.

<Context path="/myapp" docBase="myapp" debug="0" reloadable="true">

Any ideas?

I can do what I want to do using an index.jsp with a redirect, but, I would
like to avoid having it do a redirect if possible.

Jon