Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Davi Lyuma Anabuki <an...@terra.com.br> on 2006/06/19 22:44:46 UTC

Project Status and documentation contributions

Hi!
I have been studying wss4j as a tool for implementing WS-Security in
some applications. The available documentation on the site wasn`t enough
for me, so, after spending so much time studying it, I wanted to know if
there were any documentation efforts, that I could help with.

Also, I would be very grateful for pointers on understanding WSS4j
implementation. Are there any documents available, that explain its
working? Or should I just go for the source code?

As a last topic, I am rather curious on WSS4j project status... Will it
be discontinued, as the Axis2 has already a implementation? (The Rampart
module) Will the people working at WSS4j just migrate to Rampart
project? Or will it continue indefinitely, as, maybe, a choice for Rampart?

I am sorry for writing those questions on the list, however, I did not
find a Faq, nor an orientation for newbies that were interestend in
contributing to the project... =)

Thanks in advance,
Davi Anabuki.

Re: Project Status and documentation contributions

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
On 6/20/06, Davi Lyuma Anabuki <an...@terra.com.br> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have been studying wss4j as a tool for implementing WS-Security in
> some applications. The available documentation on the site wasn`t enough
> for me, so, after spending so much time studying it, I wanted to know if
> there were any documentation efforts, that I could help with.
>
> Also, I would be very grateful for pointers on understanding WSS4j
> implementation. Are there any documents available, that explain its
> working? Or should I just go for the source code?
>
> As a last topic, I am rather curious on WSS4j project status... Will it
> be discontinued, as the Axis2 has already a implementation? (The Rampart
> module) Will the people working at WSS4j just migrate to Rampart
> project? Or will it continue indefinitely, as, maybe, a choice for Rampart?

Rampart mainly *depends* on WSS4J to provide WS-Security and
WS-SecConv support in Axis2. IMHO this doesn't mean Rampart replaces
WSS4J project :-)

Thanks,
Ruchith

Re: Project Status and documentation contributions

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.