Posted to user@hive.apache.org by mathes waran <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/22 12:12:59 UTC

Add multiple users in admin role while running in hive configuration-reg

Hi,
        I had set the property of  set.users.admin.role as

<property>
  <name>hive.users.in.admin.role</name>
  <value>user1,user2</value>
  <description>
    Comma separated list of users who are in admin role for bootstrapping.
    More users can be added in ADMIN role later.
  </description>
</property>

in hive-site.xml. If i want to add another users,stop the process and added
users to this property(admin role) for the purpose of* hive authorization*.Then
again i will started the process and working on it.But my point is *how to
add users to admin role without stopping and restarting the process.Is it
possible..?if i added any users name,i don't want to restart or stop
 the process,simultaneously i  want to execute it.*

Ping your suggestions and ideas to my mail id.

Thanks,
Matheswaran

Re: Add multiple users in admin role while running in hive configuration-reg

Posted by mathes waran <ma...@gmail.com>.
HI

Thanks for the ideas..I  checked out and its very useful link.

Thanks,
Matheswaran

Posted by Takahiko Saito <ty...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matheswaran,