Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2009/12/18 20:45:10 UTC

[SURVEY] Which plugins would you like us to release?

Hello everyone

This is the second time I'm sending out this survey. Based on feedback
from last time, you can now select multiple answers. The survey is to
get a feel for what you, our users, want us to do next when it comes to
plugin releases.

This is *not* about fixing issues - it's about getting already fixed
issues released.

Please help us help you, by answering this survey at

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QHYJV9P

On the page below you can find links to JIRA (our issue tracker) for all
of the plugins that are in the survey.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/index.html

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [SURVEY] Which plugins would you like us to release?

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Dan has been banging out some bugs in the dependency plugin recently,
and i'll try to find some time to dive in and then we can cut a
release.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Dennis, can you give a look to SITE-456? The 2.1 site plugin is pretty
much unusable with the regression found. Any possibility to fix it and
deploy a 2.1.1 quickly?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Please have a look in JIRA before taking the survey. Look at the "Road
>> Map" tab for each plugin and look at the issues solved for the next
>> release. If you see *solved* issues there that you need to have
>> released, then do vote for that plugin.
>
> At one point we had a report that sorted the plugins by the total
> number of votes for resolved-but-unreleased issues.  It was a
> Swizzle/JIRA thing, I remember working on it... anyone know where it
> is and whether it's being published?

Someone set it up on the grid, but it doesn't seem to build any more.

https://grid.sonatype.org/ci/job/Plugins%20Fixed%20Report/

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi

It is great to see that there are already 13 responses to the survey.
However I see the need to clarify thing further.

The plugin with most votes at this time is the Assembly Plugin. The only
problem is that the Assembly Plugin has 0 (zero) issues that are solved,
that has not been released yet. So voting for that plugin is pointless.
A new release isn't going to happen if there are no issues solved.

Please have a look in JIRA before taking the survey. Look at the "Road
Map" tab for each plugin and look at the issues solved for the next
release. If you see *solved* issues there that you need to have
released, then do vote for that plugin.

If you have an issue that has *not* been solved, the best way to let us
know that is to go and vote for that *issue* in JIRA.

Thanks