Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by 郑瑞峰 <ru...@foxmail.com> on 2020/08/28 14:01:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release Spark 3.0.1 (RC3)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 3.0.1.

The vote is open until Sep 2nd at 9AM PST and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/

There are currently no issues targeting 3.0.1 (try project = SPARK AND "Target Version/s" = "3.0.1" AND status in (Open, Reopened, "In Progress"))

The tag to be voted on is v3.0.1-rc3 (commit dc04bf53fe821b7a07f817966c6c173f3b3788c6):
https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.0.1-rc3

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.1-rc3-bin/

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1357/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.1-rc3-docs/

The list of bug fixes going into 3.0.1 can be found at the following URL:
https://s.apache.org/q9g2d

This release is using the release script of the tag v3.0.1-rc3.

=========================
How can I help test this release?
=========================

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking
an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install
the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala
you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test
with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so
you don't end up building with an out of date RC going forward).

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 3.0.1?

The current list of open tickets targeted at 3.0.1 can be found at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 3.0.1

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
appropriate release.

==================
But my bug isn't fixed?
==================

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] Release Spark 3.0.1 (RC3)

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Confirmed all combinations of Jenkins build passed for RC3.

spark-branch-3.0-test-maven-hadoop-2.7-hive-1.2 actually failed for the
commit, but the build passed again in the next commit which is only doc
change, so it was just due to a flaky test.

- Downloaded and verified all asc and sha512 files.

- Checked no blocker issues exist on 3.0.1.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
Nice. Thank you for confirming, Hyukjin.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Posted by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com>.
For a quick correction:

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Xiao Li <li...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Xiao Li <li...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Tom Graves <tg...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 +1
Tom
    On Friday, August 28, 2020, 09:02:31 AM CDT, 郑瑞峰 <ru...@foxmail.com> wrote:

 Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 3.0.1.
The vote is open until Sep 2nd at 9AM PST and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.
[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 3.0.1[ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...
The release files, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.1-rc3-bin/
Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS
The staging repository for this release can be found at:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1357/
The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.1-rc3-docs/