Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2011/11/06 20:47:46 UTC

Rivet new website proposals

As promised weeks ago I prepared three choices of
a new website for Rivet.

The pages look quite nicer than the current site's,
they're simple adaptations of canned xhtml free templates.
Using my small Rivet based engine (I going to publish it
soon) was easy to regenerate the current website with a
different look.

Pages are browseable at

http://people.apache.org/~mxmanghi/wondrous/static/index.html

http://people.apache.org/~mxmanghi/xhtml10/index.html

http://people.apache.org/~mxmanghi/a_bit_boxy/index.html

The look doesn't have a tight connection with either web scripting,
Tcl or Rivet (as an object also), but this is what you get for free
and after all this is better than the rather 'frugal' pages
I had styled years ago.

Actually, this would be the first open source project web site that
I know claiming a copyright on the design, but the license allows
anyone to use and modify it, provided you keep the credit link.

Moving these pages to the current web space is straightforward,
being again simple html files generated from the site content.

  -- Massimo

Re: Rivet new website proposals

Posted by David Welton <da...@dedasys.com>.
I like the red color for the bikeshed :-)

--
David N. Welton

http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Rivet new website proposals

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 11:37:17 -0500, Karl Lehenbauer wrote:
> My first impression, I like "wondrous" best. It's a huge improvement
> over
> what we have now.

It seems a majority consent is shaping up for 'wondrous'. I would have
sworn the americans liked the bold and sleek appearance of it.

I liked also 'xhtml10', but I have in mind a purpose for this one, so
if it's ok I will publish the new 'wondrous' styled pages later
tonight.

If you guys feel like you have something to write for the website
I will gladly put it swiftly online. As soon as I'm satisfied
with my work documenting and amending the Rivet based engine
that generated the html pages everyone will be able to do it on its own

thanks

Posted by Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.

Posted by Arnulf Wiedemann <ar...@wiedemann-pri.de>.
Hi,
I like the xhtml10 one more, than the others, but that is my personal
feeling.

Nice work you have done, Massimo!

Arnulf

Posted by Jeff Lawson <je...@bovine.net>.