Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de> on 2000/10/28 12:14:53 UTC

Poll: How important is JDK 1.1 compatibility for you ?

Hi all,

I would like to hear your opinion on how important JDK 1.1 compatibility
is for you.

Could you please answer the following two "questions" (via private email to
mailto:make@BESToffers.de). I will post a summary of the results to the List.

I would like Struts to be JDK1.1 compatible (YES/NO).

I'm actually using Struts in a JDK1.1 environment (YES/NO).

--
BTW:
The final Servlet 2.3 and JSP1.2 spec drafts require Java 2, so being (staying)

Thanks.
Matthias

RE: Poll: How important is JDK 1.1 compatibility for you ?

Posted by Malcolm Davis <ma...@nuearth.com>.
Yes 1.2 and 1.3 are superior,
but some OS and vendors still only support 1.1.

For instances:
I don't know if MAC supports 1.2, for a long time
MAC was always a version behind.

If no struts users are using 1.1 tools, go forward.

- Malcolm

Posted by shankar <la...@svw.com>.

Posted by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de>.