Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by estrnod <es...@annealsoft.com> on 2006/12/21 21:20:32 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError: ActiveIO FactoryFinder imported from obsolete package?

Apologies if this is posted to the wrong list; it is more a question to the
ServiceMix developers but I am a user so I am posting it here.

I am getting the following exception when starting ServiceMix (using
3.0-incubating) with flowName="jms":

Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/activeio/util/FactoryFinder
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/activeio/util/FactoryFinder
	at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.FlowProvider.<clinit>(FlowProvider.java:36)

This class is in activeio-core-3.0-beta4.jar in the ServiceMix 3.0 download,
but in the apache m2 incubator repository, it is not in the
activeio-core-3.0.0-incubator.jar but seems to have been moved to
activemq-core-4.1.0-incubator.jar and to the ActiveMQ package
org.apache.activemq.util.  In the source for the upcoming ServiceMix
release, apache-servicemix-3.0.1-incubating,
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.FlowProvider still has "import
org.apache.activeio.util.FactoryFinder;".

Will this dependency for FactoryFinder be changed for ServiceMix 3.0.1 (with
a dependency on ActiveMQ 4.1.0 rather than 4.0.2, which does not seem to be
in the apache m2 incubator repository either), or is there a Maven2
repository where an ActiveIO jar with the FactoryFinder in the old package
is accessible?  Otherwise, I guess I will need to manually add this beta
activeio jar to my local repository :-(.

Thanks!
Ellen

Re: NoClassDefFoundError: ActiveIO FactoryFinder imported from obsolete package?

Posted by estrnod <es...@annealsoft.com>.
Thanks for your quick reply.  I am compiling a project that uses ServiceMix
from the repository (not compiling ServiceMix.)  I do not get any compile
errors, as ServiceMix was already compiled using the beta jar apparently;
just the runtime error.

Thanks,
Ellen

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Are you saying that 3.0.1 or branch does not compile anymore ?

IIRC, i changed these in 3.1-SNAPSHOT to servicemix own
implementation to reduce dependencies (in servicemix-services,
package org.apache.servicemix.finder).

On 12/21/06, estrnod <es...@annealsoft.com> wrote:

> Apologies if this is posted to the wrong list; it is more a question to the
> ServiceMix developers but I am a user so I am posting it here.
>
> I am getting the following exception when starting ServiceMix (using
> 3.0-incubating) with flowName="jms":
>
> Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/activeio/util/FactoryFinder
> Caused by:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/activeio/util/FactoryFinder
>         at
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.FlowProvider.<clinit>(FlowProvider.java:36)
>
> This class is in activeio-core-3.0-beta4.jar in the ServiceMix 3.0 download,
> but in the apache m2 incubator repository, it is not in the
> activeio-core-3.0.0-incubator.jar but seems to have been moved to
> activemq-core-4.1.0-incubator.jar and to the ActiveMQ package
> org.apache.activemq.util.  In the source for the upcoming ServiceMix
> release, apache-servicemix-3.0.1-incubating,
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.FlowProvider still has "import
> org.apache.activeio.util.FactoryFinder;".
>
> Will this dependency for FactoryFinder be changed for ServiceMix 3.0.1 (with
> a dependency on ActiveMQ 4.1.0 rather than 4.0.2, which does not seem to be
> in the apache m2 incubator repository either), or is there a Maven2
> repository where an ActiveIO jar with the FactoryFinder in the old package
> is accessible?  Otherwise, I guess I will need to manually add this beta
> activeio jar to my local repository :-(.
>
> Thanks!
> Ellen

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet