Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by prashant sharma <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/03 15:24:05 UTC

collection and documents getting destroyed.

Hi,
   I installed xindice 1.1b4 on jboss 3.2.3 and it gets installed fine. Then I created some collections and added some documents in them. This all works fine. The problem is when I restart my server, all the collections and the documents gets destroyed. When jboss server starts, I see a message

Database points to C:\jboss-3.2.3\server\default\tmp\deploy\tmp11484xindice.war\WEB-INF\db

I am imagining that since the database points to the tmp directory, its getting destroyed when I reatart my server.

Is there a setting I can change to prevent this.

thanks

Re: collection and documents getting destroyed.

Posted by Rob Redmon <Ro...@noaa.gov>.
Thanks Vadim.  Yeah, my database.xml doesn't contain the final
collection ("ngdc"), the one that actually contained my docs.

Rob

--
Rob Redmon
NOAA/NGDC

Re: collection and documents getting destroyed.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.

Posted by Rob Redmon <Ro...@noaa.gov>.
Hey all,

--
Rob Redmon
NOAA/NGDC

Re: collection and documents getting destroyed.

Posted by Rob Redmon <Ro...@noaa.gov>.
Prashant,
Thanks, but I already did this.  The database is not within my webapp
hierarchy.
I am experiencing some but not all of the collections getting lost,
between Tomcat restarts (as per my message).

Rob

--
Rob Redmon
NOAA/NGDC

Re: collection and documents getting destroyed.

Posted by Rob Redmon <Ro...@noaa.gov>.

--
Rob Redmon
NOAA/NGDC

Re: collection and documents getting destroyed.

Posted by Jelle Alten <je...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Phasant,

This is a something that has been addressed a couple of times already.
Here is an answer I gave before, it should help this time again. The most important thing: it is in the manual....

The warning just tells you it is putting the database in the default
location, which is probably not where you want it.
I found a solution, and other hints in http://www.waldhor.com/xindice.htm
But of course it is also in the manual:
http://xml.apache.org/xindice/faq.html#faq-N100AD

See below, I hope it helps.

Jelle

You can change the location of the db by modifying the system.xml in the
tomcat directory ../webapps/xindice/web-inf. I did the following change:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!--
  - Version: $Revision: 1.8 $ $Date: 2002/11/02 06:23:50 $
  - Author: Kimbro Staken (kstaken@xmldatabases.org)
  -->