Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by davids_k <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/16 18:48:13 UTC

getInitParameter null in custom tag test

Hi,
I try to set init parameter in custom tag test. However, in the custom tag
class, I get null from getInitParameter.

Here is the example:

In test class:
    public void setUp(){
    	tag=new HelloWorldTag();
    	config.setInitParameter("initTest", "Test Init");
    	tag.setPageContext(this.pageContext);
     }

In HelloWorldTag class:

    public int doStartTag(){
         String
initTest=this.pageContext.getServletContext().getInitParameter("initTest");
         System.out.println(initTest); //This is null.
   }

Any help is greatly appreciated.

David

Re: getInitParameter null in custom tag test

Posted by David Liu <da...@gmail.com>.
That would be great. Looking forward to receiving your patch.

Thank you very much.

Posted by David Liu <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. It works very well now.

Re: getInitParameter null in custom tag test

Posted by Kazuhito SUGURI <su...@lab.ntt.co.jp>.
Hi David,

In article <20...@lab.ntt.co.jp>,
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 19:41:24 +0900 (JST),
Kazuhito SUGURI <su...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
suguri> I think I can provide a patch if you can build Cactus jars from code,
suguri> although I don't have enough time to commit it to the code-base.

Please find the patch attached.

For your use case, you should write test case as follows:
	import org.apache.cactus.server.ServletContextWrapper;
	public void setUp() {
	    tag = new HelloWorldTag();
	    ServletContextWrapper context = (ServletContextWrapper) pageContext.getServletContext();
	    cofntext.setInitParameter("test", "test-value at context");
	    tag.setPageContext(pageContext);
	}

Hope this helps,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI

Re: getInitParameter null in custom tag test

Posted by Kazuhito SUGURI <su...@lab.ntt.co.jp>.
Hi David,

In article <12...@talk.nabble.com>,
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:48:13 -0700 (PDT),
davids_k <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
david> I try to set init parameter in custom tag test. However, in the custom tag
david> class, I get null from getInitParameter.
david>
david> Here is the example:
david>
david> In test class:
david>     public void setUp(){
david>     	tag=new HelloWorldTag();
david>     	config.setInitParameter("initTest", "Test Init");
david>     	tag.setPageContext(this.pageContext);
david>      }
david>
david> In HelloWorldTag class:
david>
david>     public int doStartTag(){
david>          String
david> initTest=this.pageContext.getServletContext().getInitParameter("initTest");
david>          System.out.println(initTest); //This is null.
david>    }

As far as I can see from Cactus code, it doesn't support your use case.

I think I can provide a patch if you can build Cactus jars from code,
although I don't have enough time to commit it to the code-base.

Regards,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI