Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2005/07/05 21:36:50 UTC

unitTest in build process

Hi folks,

I've created a new target in build.xml called buildAndRunUnitTests. It
works OK for me but before I make it the default target can someone else
please try it out? Just call the build.xml file as you would normally but
call the target buildAndRunUnitTests. Your cmd line should look something
like ->

ant <your usual build.xml -D options if you use any> <-file build.xml>
buildAndRunUnitTests

When we're happy that it works with everyone's environment I'll make it
the default target.

I'd also like to make it stop the build if it fails to run the unit tests
correctly (if everyone agrees) - I don't see the point in having the unit
tests if they can fail and not stop the build.

cheers for now,
John.

Re: unitTest in build process

Posted by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi,

Hmmm ... why are so many people having problems with this?
There must be some problem with the manifest, such that it isn't always
generated properly -- or perhaps a bug in the java task on some versions of
ANT.

Anyway, as the first line seems to work for more people, perhaps we should
change it.

Adrian
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.

Re: Compile problems with generated code

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Fred - this should be in the test bucket - can you work out why it's not
please (it might be because it doesn't work :-(

Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>
30/09/2005 22:09
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

"Apache AXIS C Developers List" <ax...@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Compile problems with generated code

Thanks Fred.  The directory path, if it helps, is
obj/test/generated/cpp/UnitTest_InteropTestRound1/InteropTestPortType.cpp.

I will also look into this further.

Nadir K. Amra

<ax...@ws.apache.org>

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
I am going to fix this by updating cpp/ClientStubHeaderWriter.java so that
the generated code will look like:

        Axis_Array RetAxisArray = m_pCall->getBasicArray(XSD_STRING,
"_return", 0);
        memcpy(&RetArray,&RetAxisArray,sizeof(Axis_Array));

which is what is done in other places in the code.

Nadir K. Amra