Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/10 10:47:21 UTC

Re: How to connect two servicemix which is running on different computer?

Hi Sharon,

If you use jmsflow or jca flow, you should be able to connect
servicemix instances across multiple boxes. have a look at the cluster
example in the servicemix download and see the clustering
documentation here: http://www.servicemix.org/site/clustering.html

regards,
Jamie.

Posted by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com>.
> Thanks for the link !

np.

I've put it into the Configuration section of the wiki
(http://www.servicemix.org/site/configuration.html).

The clustering configuration for servicemix jms and jca flows rapidly
becomes a discussion about activemq clustering, so I'd recommend
checking out any activemq resources on clustering, especially the new
options available in 4.0x.

Configuring and building clusterable components for servicemix is a
whole other discussion e.g. look at the servicemix-eip components.

cheers,
j.

Posted by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pat,

(Servicemix dev's correct me when I'm wrong)

I don't know whether the jms?jmsURL=xxx syntax is in the docs but
here's a mailing list entry from Guillaume about it:

http://www.mail-archive.com/servicemix-users@geronimo.apache.org/msg01521.html

the xxx is a standard activemq transport uri as in:

http://www.activemq.org/site/configuring-transports.html

a couple of examples: we typically use
flowName=jms?jmsUrl=tcp://localhost:61616 in development to avoid
accidentally connecting to someone servicemix instance but in
production you could have something like
flowName=jms?failover://(tcp://masterhost:61616,tcp://slavehost:61616)?randomize=false
if you're using master / slave

i'll add that to the wiki.

Posted by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sharon,

By using JMS or JCA flow, you'll be using ActiveMQ for clustering.
There are a bunch of ways to configure ActiveMQ and ServiceMix's
connection to it, from embedded brokers doing discover to a remote
cluster of brokers and explicit connections.

For development, we typically start a broker and do an explicit tcp
connection to it (so that our development servicemix's don't
accidentally all cluster together).

So, if you're started a broker on 192.168.1.55, you can then configure
both servicemix instances with a flowName of:
jms?jmsURL=tcp://192.168.1.55:61616

I'd recommend having a look through both the ServiceMix and ActiveMQ
docs for your production deployment (e.g. do you want to use a
Master/Slave configuration for high availability, how many boxes would
you like to use, do you want a cluster of Master/Slaves etc.)

cheers,
j.