Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/12/24 15:38:43 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by CraigMacdonald

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by CraigMacdonald:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

The comment on the change is:
added entry for Terrier Team, Univ of Glasgow

    * Used as a proof of concept cluster
    * Handling i.e. data mining and blog crawling

+  * [http://ir.dcs.gla.ac.uk/terrier/ University of Glasgow - Terrier Team]
+   * 30 nodes cluster (Xeon Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB/node storage).
+   We use Hadoop to facilitate information retrieval research & experimentation, particularly for TREC, using the Terrier IR platform. The open source release of [http://ir.dcs.gla.ac.uk/terrier/ Terrier] includes large-scale distributed indexing using Hadoop Map Reduce.
+
   * [http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~jimmylin/cloud-computing/index.html University of Maryland]
     We are one of six universities participating in IBM/Google's academic
     cloud computing initiative.  Ongoing research and teaching efforts