Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anthony Bull <an...@bcsoft.co.nz> on 2006/09/18 07:24:07 UTC

WS-Addressing Interoperability Problem

Hi, I have been working on a proof of concept interoperability project
between .NET WSE 3.0 and Axis2 web services for a client.

For this I have a .NET WSE 3.0 client and service (written by another
vendor) and corresponding Java Axis2 client and service (written by
me).  Everything is running nearly fine, in all combinations of these
apps, including encrypted messages over HTTPS.

The one issue I came across that I could not resolve nicely is that the
WSE 3.0 service only recognises soap messages with WS-Addressing
namespaces of August-2004.  Any SOAP messages sent from my Axis 2 Java
client to both the Axis 2 service and WSE 3.0 service have a
WS-addressing namespace of August-2005 (which if I understand correctly
is also the namespace for May-2006 WS-Addressing).

The .NET service does not accept these messages, and returns an error.
The vendor that wrote the client/server says that WSE 3.0 cannot be
upgraded to use the new addressing spec, and that WSE will not
officially be updated anytime soon to support it.  This leaves the ball
in my court only, in order to fix this.

The Axis2 service recognises the older addressing specification that the
.NET client is sending to it (2004/08), but I have not been able to
configure it so I can send Axis2 messages with this older addressing
specification.  Looking at the Axis2 code, the 2005/08 specification
namespace is hard-coded into the Java classes.  The only way I could get
it to work is to do my own build of the Axis2 addressing module and
change the hardcoded namespace to be 2004/08.  While this works, it is
dodgy and probably won't work correctly when other modules that are
built on top of addressing are added.

The addressing module page for Axis 2 states that "This is an
implementation of WS-Addressing submission version (2004-08) and
WS-Addressing 2005-08 versions.".  My question is, how do I get my Axis2
code to generate messages that use the 2004-08 specification?

cheers,
Anthony Bull.

--
-------------------------------------
Anthony Bull

anthony.bull@bcsoft.co.nz
Ph  +64 4 472 8818
Fax +64 4 472 8811
Mob +64 021 303 692
-------------------------------------
www.bcsoft.co.nz
This email may contain confidential or privileged information,
and is intended for use only by the addressee, or addressees.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender
immediately and do not copy, use or disclose the contents to
any other person or organisation.
Black Coffee Software Ltd accepts no responsibility for viruses
received with this email, or to any changes made to the original
content. Any views or opinions expressed in this email may be personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Black
Coffee Software Ltd.

Re: WS-Addressing Interoperability Problem

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
Martin,
Both will work but the Options class is the 'official' Client API.
David

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
David-

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
Off the top of my head, if you'd prefer not to modify the generated
classes so you can regenerate them easily, you can do:
stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setProperty(...)

Posted by Anthony Bull <an...@bcsoft.co.nz>.

David Illsley wrote:

> [...]
>> 49 Boulcott Street
>> PO Box 10-192 The Terrace
>> Wellington, New Zealand
>>
>> anthony.bull@bcsoft.co.nz
>> Ph  +64 4 472 8818
>> Fax +64 4 472 8811
>> Mob +64 021 303 692
>> -------------------------------------
>> www.bcsoft.co.nz
>> This email may contain confidential or privileged information,
>> and is intended for use only by the addressee, or addressees.
>> If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender
>> immediately and do not copy, use or disclose the contents to
>> any other person or organisation.
>> Black Coffee Software Ltd accepts no responsibility for viruses
>> received with this email, or to any changes made to the original
>> content. Any views or opinions expressed in this email may be
>> personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Black

-------------------------------------
Anthony Bull
Senior Developer
Black Coffee Software Ltd