Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Russell Butek <bu...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/03/04 23:09:42 UTC

WSDL2Java --skeletonDeploy questions

I'm updating the WSDL2Java documentation in the user's guide and I've run
across some changes I'd like to make wrt --skeletonDeploy:

1.  WSDL2Java should fail (with a reasonable message, of course) if
--skeletonDeploy is specified but --skeleton is not).  It certainly has no
meaning without --skeleton.

2.  If "--skeletonDeploy false", we still generate the skeleton.  I think
we should not.

3.  #2 brings to mind that --skeleton is really no longer a complete
description of what this option does.  It causes a skeleton to be
generated, but it also causes an impl, deploy.wsdd, and undeploy.wsdd to be
generated.  I propose we change this to "--server-side" (the short name "
-s" would remain the same).

Shall we vote for these?
1.  +1
2.  +1