Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> on 2008/02/05 23:29:04 UTC

Website space

I've set up a Confluence space at:
 http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHINDIGxSITE

If you want write access (i.e. are a Shindig committer), let me know
your confluence account ID (you should register and let me know your
choice) and I'll add you to the shindig committers group.

Whenever you make a change, this exports to:

 http://cwiki.apache.org/SHINDIGxSITE

We can control the style of this export. I'm happy to provide the
template to anyone who volunteers to make it pretty.

I need to get an rsync set up to get that from there onto
our /www/incubator.apache.org/shindig/ space.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Website space

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Unfortunately, they are independent. There have been various moves to
implement some kind of central authentication within Apache. However,
none have matured sufficiently to be usable. One day...

As to the page you've published - I can give you a copy of the template
as it currently stands. If you can mangle that into the format of your
other page, then it can be done!

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Website space

Posted by Bruno Bowden <br...@google.com>.
Thanks for this Upayavira.

Re: Website space

Posted by Brian Eaton <be...@google.com>.
On Feb 7, 2008 1:14 AM, Bruno Bowden <br...@google.com> wrote:
> We can defer this decision until we understand it better. We can just start
> with a wiki limited to contributors right now. Then as our community grows,
> we can consider open up a second wiki that's community based. Right now, I
> think it helps to have more control while we're figuring out messaging and
> structure. Once that's in place, it's a much better time to involve more
> people.

I don't have contributor access but I'm very interested in getting
some Shindig security documentation written and posted somewhere.  The
wiki would be a good place.

Cheers,
Brian

Re: Website space

Posted by Bruno Bowden <br...@google.com>.

Re: Website space

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Website space

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: Website space

Posted by Brian Eaton <be...@google.com>.
On Feb 6, 2008 11:25 AM, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> Now that I have worked out how to set up spaces on Confluence, I could
> set another one up for use as a wiki, with wider write permissions. Is
> that what folks want?

I think so.  There are people working on Shindig who don't have
committer access but can provide valuable information about the
project nonetheless.

Re: Website space

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 11:08 -0800, Arne Roomann-Kurrik wrote:
> Thank you Upayavira!
>
>    I'm curious as to what the process for submitting to the wiki will be for
> people who are not Shindig committers.  I won't be developing heavily with
> Shindig, but would still like to contribute to the wiki where possible.

This one really isn't a wiki, it is more a web site publishing tool.

Now that I have worked out how to set up spaces on Confluence, I could
set another one up for use as a wiki, with wider write permissions. Is
that what folks want?

Upayavira

Re: Website space

Posted by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>.