Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Harmeet Bedi <ha...@1.allinsoftware.com> on 2010/03/16 22:25:35 UTC

Looking for full time Ofbiz developers

Hello,

Emforium is developing a SAAS based solution for the retail industry
with an initial focus on the jewelry segment. We are a product-based
company that has experience building world-class products and taking
them to market.

Our head office and initial team is based in Canada. We have started
a development center in Delhi, India recently.
We are currently looking for full time employees who are interested in
joining our team in Delhi, India to create awesome products and build
the company up. We plan to do a significant portion of our product
development there.

The main technologies we are interested in are Ofbiz, Java and web
development (CSS etc.).

Over the past year we have completed a number of extensions to Ofbiz
to make it more product oriented. We would like to do more and
contribute work back to ofbiz core as much as possible.

Some of these include:
- Multi-tenancy. Each of our hosted customers has their own database
instance, delegator and login credentials. Our system supports
multiple users per Ofbiz database instance.
- UI enhancements that integrate the Google Web Toolkit and extend
Ofbiz to natively support GWT.
- Security enhancements.
- Extending the Ofbiz framework to allow for easier Java and OO
development enabling us to take advantage of the superior Java
tools, which will ease code re-factoring, maintainability and
performance.

Some specific areas we plan to further develop include:
- CMS component of Ofbiz. Ideally we want a hosted solution like
SquareSpace or concrete5 on ofbiz. We want to enable our customers to
build their own ecommerce websites on Ofbiz using WYSIWYG online
tools.
- Email integration for CRM using Zimbra. Essentially contacts,
communications, calendar (important customer dates e.g. birthdays),
address book (contact of preferred customers). Ability to do
workflow around marketing campaigns, etc.
- Build out our product offering. OLAP, reporting, charting semantics
in Ofbiz. Accounting, payroll are related parts of the application.
- Building out the POS component of Ofbiz.
- Integration with other platforms such as Salesforce.

Essentially we want to make a whole product around ofbiz core that is
very simple for small retailers to use. Whole product includes
ERP/Ofbiz, Email, Websites hosting, supply chain integration, sophisticated
reporting capabilities.

If this opportunity interests you or you know someone else who may be
interested, please contact me directly. Please send your resume
with contact information including a phone number. We are looking to
hire immediately and have several positions open.

Best Regards,
Harmeet Bedi
Email: harmeet@emforium.com
India Mobile : 9958533689

Re: Looking for full time Ofbiz developers

Posted by ScottA <Sc...@UnionDiamond.com>.
You might want to consider colaborating on some of the things that are
already happening or that have been proposed. Take a look;

http://markmail.org/thread/whm4uqjhcvwz6pvp

Re: Looking for full time Ofbiz developers

Posted by Mohammed Fadili <mo...@ajiel.com>.
Hi,

You may have a look at www.ajiel.com for a SaaS payroll platform ofbiz based.
Connect with URL https://www.ajiel.com/login?lang=en,
user/pwd ajieldemo/demoajiel

You will notice that FrontEnd is developed with Flex. BackEnd is Ofbiz. We added
several OfBiz components to support Time Management and Payroll modules.

regards,