Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Su, Xiandong" <XS...@activehealth.net> on 2013/12/06 00:11:14 UTC

Hadoop-common-2.2.0 cannot find PlatformName

I am trying to have a simple java client to connect to HBase in HDP 2.0. I am using maven to manage my dependencies and using the same version for the jars as HDP 2.0 specified:

org.apache.hadoop
hadoop-client
2.2.0

org.apache.hbase
hbase-client
0.96.0-hadoop2

I am getting the NoClassDefFoundError which is strange. It is used inside hadoop-common-2.2.0.jar which is brought in by hadoop-client. I would assume whatever jar that contains this class should have been a dependency of hadoop-common-2.2.0. But that seems not be the case here.

Has anyone on the forum using the same version running into this issue?

Thanks

Sean

p.s. here is the full exception trace:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getOSLoginModuleName(UserGroupInformation.java:303)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.(UserGroupInformation.java:348)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Methods.call(Methods.java:39)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User.call(User.java:414)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User.callStatic(User.java:404)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User.access$200(User.java:48)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User$SecureHadoopUser.(User.java:221)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User$SecureHadoopUser.(User.java:216)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User.getCurrent(User.java:139)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionKey.(HConnectionKey.java:67)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.getConnection(HConnectionManager.java:240)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.(HBaseAdmin.java:182)

________________________________
IMPORTANT WARNING: Information contained in this email is intended for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete this document. Thank you.

RE: Hadoop-common-2.2.0 cannot find PlatformName

Posted by "Su, Xiandong" <XS...@activehealth.net>.
I am running it remotely from the same PC where HDP sandbox is installed. This is a NOT a hadoop job yet. It is a simple HBase client . the exception is thrown when creating HBaseAdmin based on the configuration.

The reason I am asking the question on the Hadoop user list is because the NoClassDefFoundError is triggered from the code inside Hadoop-common. Unless I missed something, it is hadoop-common-2.2.0's job to bring in all the jars it depends through maven.

Sean

Posted by "Su, Xiandong" <XS...@activehealth.net>.

Posted by "Su, Xiandong" <XS...@activehealth.net>.

Posted by "Su, Xiandong" <XS...@activehealth.net>.