Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Brian Stansberry <Br...@wanconcepts.com> on 2004/03/16 00:41:11 UTC

Extending Pluto portalImpl

I've read some discussion on this list that it's not advised to try to use the Pluto portalImpl as the base point for building a portal application, but I'm tempted to do it anyway, at least as a short-term approach to doing a simple portal.

What I'm really interested in doing is using as much as possible Pluto portalImpl's InformationProviderService implementation.  I'm wondering if it's in any way practical to try to use that code as a building block for a portal, or is it too tightly integrated with the way the rest of Pluto portalImpl works.  More specifically, how tightly coupled is the InformationProviderService implementation to the pageregistry.xml and portletentityregistry.xml infrastructure?