Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by William Moran <ec...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/10 15:57:28 UTC

Changing weightings in kmeans

Hi,

How would I go about changing the weighting of certain words when preparing
data for kmeans?

Also, in clusterdumps I have already made, some of my clusters are marked
'VL-' and some are 'CL-'. I believe this is to do with convergence, is it
bad if the clusters have not converged and if so how can I ensure they do
converge?

Thanks

(P.S. I did send a question similar to this a while ago but I'm not sure it
worked)

Re: Changing weightings in kmeans

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Check out the streaming k-means code.

It provides capabilities for weighted samples.