Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> on 2006/08/07 04:46:33 UTC

[RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC5

Please download, test, and VOTE  on the following
candidate tarball:

http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.08-RC5.tar.gz

Changes from RC4:
	http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=428216&view=rev (Win32)

Style only:

"In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC5

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
> FAILURE!!  BSD/OS 4.3.1 .
>
> Failed to make tests!!
Can you spend something useful like the test output and the error_log ?

Where were you the past 4 months ?

At any rate, this will have to be a thing for 2.09 at this point.

Posted by The Doctor <do...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>.
On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 09:06:18PM -0700, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> writes:
> >
> >> Please download, test, and VOTE  on the following
> >> candidate tarball:
> >>
> >> http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.08-RC5.tar.gz
> >
> > +1, tested on Debian amd64 and FreeBSD 6.1.
> WOOT!
>
> Thats 3 +1s from PMC members.  Unless someone screams, I'll make the release in about 3 hours.

FAILURE!!  BSD/OS 4.3.1 .

Failed to make tests!!

--
Member - Liberal International
This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca	Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC5

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Please download, test, and VOTE  on the following
> candidate tarball:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.08-RC5.tar.gz
>
> Changes from RC4:
> 	http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=428216&view=rev (Win32)
>
> 	http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=428286&view=rev
> 	http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=428842&view=rev
>
> 	http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=428299&view=rev
>
> Style only:
> 	http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=424256&view=rev
+1
FreeBSD 6.1-stable i386
perl 5.8.8 with and without threads
httpd 2.2.3 (prefork, work, event)
mod_perl svn trunk

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@uk.radan.com>.
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>
>> Please download, test, and VOTE  on the following
>> candidate tarball:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.08-RC5.tar.gz
>
> Builds fine and all tests pass on:
> - linux, Apache/2.0.55 prefork, mod_perl 2.000002, perl-5.8.7
> - Win32, Apache/2.2.2 winnt, mod_perl svn, perl-5.8.8
>   (ActiverPerl 817)
>
> Unfortunately, the problem on Win32 with running the
> glue/perl/t/apreq/upload.t test numerous times seems
> to be still with us; I still see sporadic temp files
> not being cleaned up. However, the tests still pass
> for me; it'd be interesting to see if Steve has problems.

Builds OK for me (Apache/2.2.2, mod_perl SVN, perl-5.8.8) and initially
"nmake test" gave me a few failures from upload.t.  I re-ran it a few
times and got some failures every time.

Then I ran just that test itself from the glue/perl sub-dir: it failed a
couple of times and then started working (dozens of times over).

Returning to the top-level I now find that "nmake test" works there too!

Weird.

All the other tests passed OK.

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC5

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@uk.radan.com>.

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Please download, test, and VOTE  on the following
> candidate tarball:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.08-RC5.tar.gz

Builds fine and all tests pass on:
- linux, Apache/2.0.55 prefork, mod_perl 2.000002, perl-5.8.7
- Win32, Apache/2.2.2 winnt, mod_perl svn, perl-5.8.8
   (ActiverPerl 817)

Unfortunately, the problem on Win32 with running the
glue/perl/t/apreq/upload.t test numerous times seems
to be still with us; I still see sporadic temp files
not being cleaned up. However, the tests still pass
for me; it'd be interesting to see if Steve has problems.

However, I don't want this problem to hold up a release
any longer, so I'm +1 for this.

--
best regards,
Randy

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC5

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Thats was exactly what I wanted.  Thanks.

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.