Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Bill Blough <bi...@apache.org> on 2020/04/20 17:24:34 UTC

Git Migration Status Update - remaining migrations complete

I've completed the migration of the remaining repos.  This includes the
various modules for both Java and C (Rampart, Savan, Sandesha,
Transports, etc.), as well as the Axis Site repo.

There are several miscellaneous items that I'll now ask INFRA to address,
including marking SVN read-only, and deleting the old svn-sync repos on
GitHub.

We'll need to switch the site to publish from the git repo instead of
the svn repo, but it looks like we can do that without involvement from
INFRA [1].  I'll try to do that once SVN is marked read-only, then we
can use replacing the SVN info with the git info as a test to make sure
it's working as expected.

--
GPG: 5CDD 0C9C F446 BC1B 2509  8791 1762 E022 7034 CF84

Re: Git Migration Status Update - remaining migrations complete

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.
Ask Infra, it should be something for C inside apache.
Hey Gavin, is any CI support for C language inside apache with github
hooks? The java code is overdue (there a lot of implementations of SOAP,
i.e. CXF).
In C there are not so much, even if SOAP is a deprecated.
Best regards,
Giorgio

Re: Git Migration Status Update - remaining migrations complete

Posted by Bill Blough <bi...@apache.org>.
Not yet, but that is one of the next steps.

I think the Java code base uses Travis. For the C code base, I'm not
sure if we'll want to use Apache's CI services (via Jenkins or BuildBot)
or if we should use an external service like Travis or AppVeyor.  But
one way or the other, CI is something that needs to (and will) happen
for the C code base.

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.
Great job, Bill!
Is there the CI enabled?

Re: Git Migration Status Update - remaining migrations complete

Posted by Bill Blough <de...@blough.us.INVALID>.
Oops, I forgot the link -

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/.asf.yaml+features+for+git+repositories

Posted by Bill Blough <de...@blough.us.INVALID>.