Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Chaitanya Chebolu <ch...@datatorrent.com> on 2016/07/18 08:54:16 UTC

Dynamic partition is not working in Kafka Input Operator

Hi All,

   I am facing dynamic partition issues in 0.8 version of Kafka Input
Operator. My application has the following DAG:

   KafkaSinglePortStringInputOperator(Input) ->
ConsoleOutputOperator(Output)

   I launched the application with below configuration:
Kafka topic created with single partition and replication factor as 1.
Partition Strategy: ONE_TO_ONE

   Launched the application successfully. After some time, I increased the
topic partitions to 2. After re-partition, the window of down stream
operator is not moving. By looking into the app Physical DAG, it looks like
there is an issue in construction of Physical DAG after re-partition.

Please let me know if any one observed the same behavior. Do we have JIRA
for tracking this issue.
I am attaching some of the screenshots of this application.

Regards,
Chaitanya

Re: Dynamic partition is not working in Kafka Input Operator

Posted by Chaitanya Chebolu <ch...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Sandesh,

    No.
    Kafka Input Operator(0.8 version) supports dynamic partition based on
Kafka partitions.
    Created a JIRA (APEXCORE-494
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXCORE-494>) for tracking this
issue.