Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Gaƫl Lalire <ga...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/20 12:56:54 UTC

Maven framework requirements

Hello Maven developers,

I made a framework which can use Maven repository at runtime.
I had to override DependencyCollector so it can change artifact dependencies dynamically.
I was wondering if this modification could be integrated to Maven

Also the framework can associate one classloader per artifact, but to get a tree it has to recall ArtifactDescriptorReader.readArtifactDescriptor once per artifact after DependencyCollector.collectDependencies call.
If DependencyCollector have a collectDependenciesTree method, it will be optimized and bugs of transitive dependencies in maven-assembly-plugin could be fixed (like this one https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-504).

Finally I would like the possibility of interrupting DependencyCollector.collectDependencies (Thread.interrupt or a specific method).

If you agree with at least one of these modifications, I think I could implement it although it will be simpler if a committer do it.

The framework is open source, you can check it at http://gaellalire.fr/vestige

Regards,
Gael Lalire