Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Yann Barraud <ya...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/19 10:14:10 UTC

Forcing file Channel to be flushed before shutting down Flume

Hi,

Is there a way to control that File Channel is flushed before shutting down
a Flume node (scaling down infrastructure without loosing data) ? Should I
just monitor channel size through monitoring API ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Yann Barraud

Re: Forcing file Channel to be flushed before shutting down Flume

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Yann,

Yes, at this point - there is no way to clear the channel before the
agent dies. You really have to wait for it to be cleared via the
monitoring API. The File Channel is meant to keep data through restarts
- so clearing the channel before shutdown was never really considered in
the design.

Hari