Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2007/06/02 03:11:16 UTC

Re: svn commit: r543657 - in /maven/components/trunk/maven-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven: core/ core/monitor/ core/monitor/event/ core/monitor/logging/ monitor/event/ monitor/logging/ plugin/

On 1 Jun 07, at 7:12 PM 1 Jun 07, carlos@apache.org wrote:

> Author: carlos
> Date: Fri Jun  1 16:12:33 2007
> New Revision: 543657

> Log:

I'm not sure if you've noticed but the whole embedder has been
provided as a single bundle from the day it's been used inside
eclipse. Why are you packaging everything up separately.

I would like to just export a single bundle that encapsulates
everything any client needs in a single bundle. The only thing anyone
is every going to use is from the embedder. I could see having wagon
providers, or SCM providers in other bundles if they need to be
pulled in but every Maven module as an OSGi bundle I'm not in favor
of which is why it has always been consumed externally as a single
bundle.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl