Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Natalia Shilenkova <ns...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/09 20:35:58 UTC

Full text indexing

All,

I am interested in adding full text indexing capability to Xindice,
which is, by the way, one of the items on TODO list. The items refers
to the scratchpad code, but there is not much, just couple of classes
that were moved out of main codebase at some (rather distant) point.

However, mail list archive has several threads about that very same
subject, with most interesting being 'Xindice full text indexing' [1]
and 'Full text indexing patch' [2].

Does anyone remember why that effort was abandoned? Is that still a
preferred way of indexing implementation?

[1] http://marc.info/?t=107721013100003&r=1&w=2
[2] http://marc.info/?t=107900573100002&r=1&w=2

Regards,
Natalia