Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2009/05/10 04:49:13 UTC

what is the current state of trunk?

Hi,

Can someone clear up what the current state of trunk, particularly in
regard to the MNG-2766 branch where all the work is happening at the
moment? Is everything from trunk in there now, or are there two
streams of dev? I thought I had seen that it was about to be merged
but activity has picked up again.

Where does plans for 3.0-beta-3 fit into all this?

Thanks,
Brett

Re: what is the current state of trunk?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
On 9-May-09, at 10:49 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone clear up what the current state of trunk, particularly
> in regard to the MNG-2766 branch where all the work is happening at
> the moment? Is everything from trunk in there now, or are there two
> streams of dev? I thought I had seen that it was about to be merged
> but activity has picked up again.

It was easier to work on my branch so that's where Benjamin and I are
working. Oleg is working on his branch for Mercury. We bit the bullet
and tried to generate all the code from modello to generate the
merging/aggregating code, and ploughing through changes in the old
artifact resolution code to make merging Oleg's code easier. In
whatever degree we are successful on the branch we'll merge back to
trunk or just use the branch as trunk. We don't know yet. We'll
probably know in a couple more days as we're just turning back on all
the tests. Benjamin seems pretty close with his work and I'll probably
know tomorrow if my stuff works.

> Where does plans for 3.0-beta-3 fit into all this?

At whatever rate it goes I'm thinking that when all the ITs pass, and
there is a healthy embedder we'll start the RC cycle. Keep all the new
features and POM changes out and focus on making a viable alternate to
2.x with a base that can easily be extended. If all our work goes well
this week we could see another alpha next Monday.

> Thanks,
> Brett

Jason

Jason van Zyl