Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Grand Cheng <gr...@pointclickcare.com> on 2004/10/05 22:22:36 UTC

Classpath Issue - Not sure why it isn't being picked up

Hi,

I am a newbie to Ant so I appreciate any help you can lend me.

I am trying to compile a fairly large project, which has multiple
packages, and has referencing between them.  So when I first created the
build file and ran it, I received a slew of "package not found" , and
"cannot resolve symbol"

I then added the following to my build file.

<path id="mypath.path">

<pathelement path ="${basedir}\source\a" />

<pathelement path ="${basedir}\source\b" />

<pathelement path ="${basedir}\source\c" />

</path>

I have basically added a pathelement for every folder within my
project...just to make sure I haven't missed anything.

I have a target

<target name="CompileMyStuff">

<javac srcdir="${basedir}\source\a" />

<classpath refid="${mypath.path}" />

</target>

However, when I run this, I still receive the same "package not found" ,
and "cannot resolve symbol"

I am using Ant v. 1.6.2 and JDK 1.3.1_04

Thanks for your help

Re: Classpath Issue - Not sure why it isn't being picked up

Posted by Laconia Data Systems <we...@laconiadatasystems.com>.
Grand:
Keep in mind that if your base folder is named 'base' and
your package name is named 'foo' then you need to compile the source from
folder 'base' which referennces package (folder) foo
Since your email did not provide package names I do not know what the
specific names would be
Martin