Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by AdamR <ad...@runbox.com> on 2008/06/17 17:13:01 UTC

Repository startup error

Hi there,

Quick question from a Jackrabbit novice. I'm attempting to run Jackrabbit
from Spring using spring-modules-jcr, and I've yet to get the repository to
start properly.

Any thoughts on my latest NoSuchMethodError?

Cheers,
Adam

ERROR ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
with name 'repository' defined in class path resource
[applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception
is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry.getEffectiveNodeType(Lorg/apache/jackrabbit/spi/Name;)Lorg/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/EffectiveNodeType;
Caused by:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry.getEffectiveNodeType(Lorg/apache/jackrabbit/spi/Name;)Lorg/
apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/EffectiveNodeType;
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager.init(AbstractBundlePersistenceManager.java:416)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager.init(BundleDbPersistenceManager.java:556)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager.init(DerbyPersistenceManager.java:257)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createPersistenceManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1175)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createVersionManager(RepositoryImpl.java:354)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:282)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:573)

Re: Repository startup error

Posted by AdamR <ad...@runbox.com>.
Oh dear - looks like I'd made to school boy error of not cleaning the old
build path meaning my app was getting deployed with two versions of the
Lucene jar. D'oh! All sorted now.

Re: Repository startup error

Posted by AdamR <ad...@runbox.com>.
Apologies, I got the version wrong. It's Jackrabbit-core 1.4.5 that I'm
using.

Posted by AdamR <ad...@runbox.com>.

Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> Weird, since both classes (AbstractBundlePersistenceManager and
> NodeTypeRegistry) are in the same jackrabbit-core jar.
>
> Which version of Jackrabbit are you using (ie. which version of the
> jackrabbit-core.jar)?

My thoughts exactly. It turned out to be a classpath conflict, which I've
now sorted. Though I'm now getting a similar issue with Lucene. I'm using
Jackrabbit-core 1.4.3 and Lucene-core 2.2.0.

ERROR ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
with name 'repository' defined in class path resource
[applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception
is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>
(Lorg/apache/lucene/store/Directory;Lorg/apache/lucene/analysis/Analyzer;)V
Caused by:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(Lorg/apache/lucene/store/Directory;Lorg/apache/lucene/analysis/Analyz
er;)V
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.AbstractIndex.<init>(AbstractIndex.java:128)

I think I'm getting the dependencies all messed up in the POM. This is the
first time I've used Maven, which doesn't help. Is there a comprehensive
list of dependencies (including version numbers) anywhere?

Cheers,
Adam

Re: Repository startup error

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
Weird, since both classes (AbstractBundlePersistenceManager and
NodeTypeRegistry) are in the same jackrabbit-core jar.

Which version of Jackrabbit are you using (ie. which version of the
jackrabbit-core.jar)?

Regards,
Alex

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 5:13 PM, AdamR <ad...@runbox.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Quick question from a Jackrabbit novice. I'm attempting to run Jackrabbit
> from Spring using spring-modules-jcr, and I've yet to get the repository to
> start properly.
>
> Any thoughts on my latest NoSuchMethodError?
>
> Cheers,
> Adam
>
> ERROR ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
> with name 'repository' defined in class path resource
> [applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception
> is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry.getEffectiveNodeType(Lorg/apache/jackrabbit/spi/Name;)Lorg/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/EffectiveNodeType;
> Caused by:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry.getEffectiveNodeType(Lorg/apache/jackrabbit/spi/Name;)Lorg/
> apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/EffectiveNodeType;
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager.init(AbstractBundlePersistenceManager.java:416)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager.init(BundleDbPersistenceManager.java:556)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager.init(DerbyPersistenceManager.java:257)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createPersistenceManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1175)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createVersionManager(RepositoryImpl.java:354)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:282)
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:573)

Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: Repository startup error

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 11:35 AM, xing007008 <xi...@163.com> wrote:
> But I just have lucene-core-2.2.0.jar and lucene-1.4.3.jar
> Where can I find lucene-2.2.0.jar

Use the lucene-core-2.2.0.jar file. The jar file naming was changed in
Lucene 2.x.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Repository startup error

Posted by xing007008 <xi...@163.com>.
Thank you.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 2:28 AM, xing007008 <xi...@163.com> wrote:
> Please look at the Image, all of the jars had been required in my classpath.
> But still can't fix the error.

You need Lucene 2.2.0, not 1.4.3.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Repository startup error

Posted by xing007008 <xi...@163.com>.
Please look at the Image, all of the jars had been required in my classpath.
But still can't fix the error.
Can you give me all of the jars in your projcet?

Posted by Michael Harris <mi...@gmail.com>.

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 8:09 PM, xing007008 <xi...@163.com> wrote:

> I Got the same error, and I used the version  lucene-core-2.2.0.jar and
> jackrabbit-core-1.4.jar.
> How should I do to fix the error.
>

> AdamR wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Quick question from a Jackrabbit novice. I'm attempting to run Jackrabbit
> > from Spring using spring-modules-jcr, and I've yet to get the repository
> > to start properly.
> >
> > Any thoughts on my latest NoSuchMethodError?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Adam
> >
> > ERROR ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
> > org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
> > bean with name 'repository' defined in class path resource
> > [applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested
> > exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> >
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry.getEffectiveNodeType(Lorg/apache/jackrabbit/spi/Name;)Lorg/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/EffectiveNodeType;
> > Caused by:
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> >
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry.getEffectiveNodeType(Lorg/apache/jackrabbit/spi/Name;)Lorg/
> > apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/EffectiveNodeType;
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager.init(AbstractBundlePersistenceManager.java:416)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager.init(BundleDbPersistenceManager.java:556)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager.init(DerbyPersistenceManager.java:257)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createPersistenceManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1175)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createVersionManager(RepositoryImpl.java:354)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:282)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:573)

Michael Harris

Re: Repository startup error

Posted by xing007008 <xi...@163.com>.