Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Fitzgerald <sc...@colabnet.com> on 2001/04/20 16:05:21 UTC

No action instance created

Hello,

When I run my app, the initial jsp page is shown. This is just an input box
and submit button that is used to run a query. After I enter my text and
click submit I am supposed to get either a "success" or "fail" jsp depending
on whether or not the result set is null (for test purposes). I lookup the
datasource through the use of a key value which, of course, is defined in my
struts-config.xml file. My action mappings are set up as follows:

<form-beans>
   <form-bean name="databaseForm"
   type="dbtest.DatabaseForm"/>
 </form-beans>

 <action-mappings>
   <action path="/dbtest"
   type="dbtest.DatabaseAction"
    name="databaseForm">

My initial jsp includes: <form:form action="dbtest.do">
I am running Tomcat 3.2.1, JDK 1.3, on Windows 2000.

Now, the problem is, after I submit my text for the query I get "Page not
found" in my browser. In my console, the error I get is this: Ctx(
/myWarFile ):500 R( /myWarFile + /dbtest.do + null) No action instance for
path /dbtest could be created

Can anyone offer some guidance on where I may be going wrong?

Thanks in advance(and sorry for the length of this message),
Scott Fitzgerald, B.A., A.I.T.
Application Developer
ColabNet

Collaborative Network Technologies, Inc.55 Bond Street, Suite 202, St.
John's NF A1C 5V3Tel: (709) 754-7482 Fax: 754-7406  Website:
http://www.colabnet.com

Re: No action instance created

Posted by Peter Alfors <pe...@irista.com>.
could you repost your first email..   I deleted it, and it is not in the
archives yet.

Thanks.

Posted by Scott Fitzgerald <sc...@colabnet.com>.

Posted by Peter Alfors <pe...@irista.com>.
and your jsp pages (success,fail) are both located at your applications
root?

Pete

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Scott Fitzgerald wrote:

> 	My initial jsp includes: <form:form action="dbtest.do">

One thing you should be doing is using the struts-html tag library instead
of struts-form.  Any bug fixes would only have been applied to the
"html" version.

Craig

RE: No action instance created

Posted by Scott Fitzgerald <sc...@colabnet.com>.
Here it is:

Posted by Peter Alfors <pe...@irista.com>.
What do you have for the action forward?

    <action path="/dbtest"
            type="dbtest.DatabaseAction"
            name="databaseForm" >
      <forward name="success"             path="/mySuccessPage.jsp"/>
      <forward name="error"             path="/myErrorPage.jsp"/>
    </action>

Pete