Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Zachary Kaufman <zb...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/20 06:41:43 UTC

XSL-FO capability question

Hi. I was hoping someone could tell me whether XSL-FO is capable of providing the following functionality.

I have a two column page layout. Data relating to a given company appears in a column starting with the companies name. If there are a multitude of data chunks relating to the company, the company listing may extend onto the next page or even pages. This is where the tricky bit comes in.

If the company listing extends onto another page, the bottom of the page the listing is continuing from, needs the word "(Continued)" added. The first text at the top of the subsequent page's first column needs the company name added followed by the data the pagination split off from the previous page. Is there anyway to do this with XSL-FO?

Thanks a lot,

--Zachary--

zbk_work@yahoo.com

RE: XSL-FO capability question

Posted by Roland Neilands <rn...@pulsemining.com.au>.
Zachary,

> If the company listing extends onto another page, the bottom of the page the listing is continuing from, needs the word "(Continued)" added. The first text at the top of the subsequent page's first column needs the company name added followed by the data the pagination split off from the previous page. Is there anyway to do this with XSL-FO?

Use markers. Check docs\examples\markers\glossary.*

Cheers,
Roland.