Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Huisman <ch...@taylor.com> on 2005/01/12 18:33:31 UTC

Multiproject processing order

I am using multiproject:deploy, and I am wondering if there is a way to
specify the processing order.

When I run it under windows the default processing order runs the way I
would like it to, but when I run it in linux it is changed, and my
ejb-client project is processed before my ejb project, making the
ejb-client deploy fail.

Thanks,

c.

Re: Multiproject processing order

Posted by Randy Xu <r...@post.harvard.edu>.
Maven uses reactor to figure out ordering by looking at the dependency
listings.

So say you have several modules:

app-lib
app-jms
app-gui

* jms depends on lib
* gui depends on lib, jms

In jms you set app-lib as a dependency

    <dependency>
      <groupId>your group id</groupId>
      <artifactId>app-lib</artifactId>
      <version>${pom.currentVersion}</version>
      <type>jar</type>
    </dependency>
   </dependencies>

In gui, you set both app-lib and app-jms as a dependency.  How you
version your different subprojects, you'll need to figure out yourself.
All my are the same version - they inherit it from the top-level
project.xml (pom.currentVersion).

-Randy

Posted by Steve Molloy <sm...@convera.com>.
Put dependencies between your projects...

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 10:33 -0700, Chris Huisman wrote:

> I am using multiproject:deploy, and I am wondering if there is a way to
> specify the processing order.
>
> When I run it under windows the default processing order runs the way I
> would like it to, but when I run it in linux it is changed, and my
> ejb-client project is processed before my ejb project, making the
> ejb-client deploy fail.
>
> Thanks,
>
> c.

Steve Molloy