Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bernadette Houghton <be...@deakin.edu.au> on 2009/09/02 07:34:11 UTC

RE: encoding problem

Finally resolved the problem! The solution was 3-pronged on my windows PC-

Added to my.ini under mysqld-
default-character-set=utf8
collation_server=utf8_unicode_ci
character_set_server=utf8
skip-character-set-client-handshake

Added to JAVA_OPTS environmental variable –
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

Added to beginning of tomcat startup.bat (positioning is important!)
set JAVA_OPTS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8"

Thanks to everyone for their much appreciated help!

Bern