Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Chad Brandon <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/14 19:46:11 UTC

WSS4J: Cannot setup signature data structure on redeploy

Hi,

I've been using WSS4J for about a month now for
signing my requests (All I use is the 'Signature'
action)  Anyway I have an error that happens when I
redeploy the same app within jboss (jboss-3.2.3 or
jboss-3.2.4).  The first time I deploy the app
everything works great, but when I redeploy, the
reployed app's WsDoAllSender class throws the below
exception when it tries to sign the request, saying
that it can't setup the signature data structure.  The
strange thing is I have another service the same thing
happens in, and another one that I can redeploy
multiple times and I don't get the below error.  Does
anyone know what could be the cause of the error and
how to get around it?

Thanks!

Chad

11:52:04,031 INFO  [STDOUT] AxisFault
 faultCode:
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: WSDoAllSender: Signature: error during
message
procesingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException:
Signat
ure creation failed (Cannot setup signature data
structure)
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:AxisFault
 faultCode:
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: WSDoAllSender: Signature: error during
message
procesingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException:
Signat
ure creation failed (Cannot setup signature data
structure)
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

WSDoAllSender: Signature: error during message
procesingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException:
Signature creation f
ailed (Cannot setup signature data structure)
        at
org.apache.ws.axis.security.WSDoAllSender.performSIGNAction(WSDoAllSender.java:369)
        at
org.apache.ws.axis.security.WSDoAllSender.invoke(WSDoAllSender.java:285)
        at
edu.duke.dcri.webservice.aspects.security.client.WSSecurityClientHandler.handleRequest(WSSecurityClientHandle
r.java:88)
        at
org.apache.axis.handlers.HandlerChainImpl.handleRequest(HandlerChainImpl.java:102)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invokeJAXRPCHandlers(AxisClient.java:231)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:134)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2717)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2700)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2381)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2304)

Re: WSS4J: Cannot setup signature data structure on redeploy

Posted by Jason Essington <ja...@GreenRiverComputing.com>.
O.K. I've been away from WSS4J for a couple of weeks, but now I am
getting the same error here.

I am sending the message just fine and the client app is signing the
request just fine but the server (which happens to be on the same
machine) is pitching this same exception when it is trying to send the
response message.

In my case this is not a redeploy.

I Haven't had a chance to chase this yet, so if you have any insights
It would sure save me some time.

-jason