Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> on 2012/10/01 23:32:18 UTC

Re: How to stop streaming

I assume you have resolved this but if someone else is looking…

You can stop a validation compaction with nodetool stop

AFAIk the only way to stop streaming is to restart the node.

You can also use nodetool setstreamthroughput to reduce the streaming throughput.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Re: How to stop streaming

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
> Also, how do I lookup the current value of the setstreamthroughput.
The default / startup value is specified in the yaml file.

If you need to check the running value it is on the StorageProxy MBean, accessed using JConsole or some other JMX thingy.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton